Deciding to stop doing what you’ve been doing for a long time and moving forward and onto something new is no easy task – and all the pros and cons lists in the world do little to move most of us forward.
What does seem to make a difference in moving forward, though, are the simple, but powerful questions we ask ourselves, or are asked by others, that allow for quick and deep gut checks, monumental perspective shifts and swift saboteur management.
Here are 10 Move-You-Forward Questions for Endings and Beginnings that have helped me and my clients get inspired and in motion when it was time to close one door and open another:
- If not now, when?
- What do I know – FOR SURE?
- Where am I selling myself short?
- What do I need to stop believing in order to move forward?
- What part of myself will I get to honor in this new venture?
- What part of myself do I choose to back burner – even if it’s just for now?
- What am I celebrating about the now-ending phase of my life?
- What will I be celebrating one year from now?
- What’s NOT important?
- What’s the first step?
AND ONE FINAL SIMPLE YES OR NO BONUS QUESTION: Am I willing to give up the life I have in order to get the life that’s waiting for me?
To the door you are closing – and the one waiting to be opened.